Thursday, July 21, 2011

Spice of Life


For the 4th of July, my parents sent Justin and I a care package that included some savory spices from Penzey's--to create delicious fireworks of flavor on our tongues, I think. The only rule was that we had to take photos when we utilized those new spices.

Yesterday, I came home from a long day at the office (i.e. the great outdoors) and Justin had prepared a tasty meal: tempeh steaks with sauteed greens and rice. I'm not exactly sure how he seasoned and prepared the meal, but I hope he can recreate it because it was a whole lot of yum! I do know that the tempeh was marinated in apple cider vinegar and spices before it was sauteed with kale, chard, and garlic scapes from our garden, which made it a little easier to digest.

Justin, thanks for the belly pleaser.

Mom and Dad, thanks for the inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment