Monday, December 7, 2009

The Farmstore



I spend each Saturday at Nash's Farm store; selling produce and enjoying conversations with "the regulars" and those folks who just happen upon the place for the first time. I'd like to become a "regular" and do my meal planning and shopping on the same day each week, but I'm more of a inspired chef--what do Justin and I want to eat right now? What do I have on hand to make it? Do I have the energy to go to the market to obtain the missing ingredients right now? What can I substitute?
This style usually works out just fine, but I have aspirations of a more organized kitchen-life that will eventually melt into a more organized life-life.




What's your kitchen style?

Last night, I made vegetable pot pie. The filling was great: delicata squash, carrots, potatoes, peas, parsnips, shiitake mushrooms, sage, thyme...the flavors of fall. The crust, well, that left a little something to be desired. However, I made enough to freeze for a future dinner. I hope the crust tastes better the second time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment