Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A day at the office...



Look! This Pacific madrone (Arbutus menziesii)
has packed her briefcase and is en route to the office.
...Okay, maybe its a tree growing around a rock--still amazing.

Today, was tough.

It was "nearly" warm and sunny; I was required to take a hike on the Elwha River Trail to look for plants from which to collect seed. Many times throughout the day, I found myself sitting on the soft forest floor paging through my Pojar (plant description book) and forgetting that this mission was for work. Although I'm still adjusting to a 7-5:30 workday and am quite pooped at the end of each day, it is so refreshing to know that I am participating in a project that I truly believe in and to feel that my mind and body are being engaged and utilized in the process.

I will spare you from dorky list of plants that we located on the excursion, but will share a few choice photos from the day.

p.s. thanks for tolerating my excitement.

My co-worker botonizing.


My office, aka Hume's Ranch.


Erigeron philadelphicus



Oyster mushrooms (Pleurotus ostreatus)

1 comment:

  1. Nice office. The madrone looks like its dashing off with an overflowing bag of groceries - and the choice eats are branches roots and dirt and rocks which is practically the way it is, right?

    ReplyDelete