Sunday, November 28, 2010

Gratitude

Vashon Kiwi Meringue Pie!

I am so very thankful...

I am often reminded re-reminded of the support and nourishment that I feel from my family each day. I feel that support all the way from Illinois, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Florida, and beyond. I feel that support and comfort right here in Washington.

On Thanksgiving, Justin and I ventured to our friends' farm on the great island of Vashon to fill our bellies and our hearts with our Washington family--and what a spirited, ridiculous, creative, grounding family it is. We cooked all day. We laughed most of the day. We had snowball fights in the dark. We took time to share the traditions of all of our individual families. And we ate! The 3-day event was delicious. I am so very thankful.



Harvesting kale for our meal.


Dinner prep in kitchen 1 (of 3).



Rob and Alice prepared copious amounts of oyster stuffing--just like my grandma makes.


Justin's 2nd year in charge of the turkey: He added brining to process this year, which was an excellent improvement.

Winner, winner, turkey dinner!


We circled up to give thanks before mashed potatoes heaps with gravy ponds were constructed.



Amidst all of the farm fresh food, we enjoyed a delicious traditional Midwestern tater tot casserole!



One hot (tasty) mess.


2 comments: