Sunday, January 2, 2011

Newness.


Much time has passed since my last post, but even more striking are the miles, moments, snowflakes, love, and flavors that have come and gone over the last month. It began with a journey by train from Seattle to Minneapolis--my first journey by rail.

Aside from the ache-y tailbone, the 40 hours passed like a breeze. I intentionally left my technological distractions at home in hopes of challenging myself in the art of stillness of mind and body--aside from the constant 70Mph passing beneath me. Staring out the window at hundreds of antelope bolting in the vastness of Montana (yes, they do, in fact, roam) , watching small towns with big stories pass in and out of view, and meeting travelers on their own journeys oh, so enjoyable.

I pulled into Minneapolis 5 hours late, but refreshed because my favorite pixie in the whole wide world was there to swoop me up and show my her life, her lovely lovely life. On the day that I was to hop a 1 hour flight south to St. Louis, mother nature dumped nearly 20 inches of pillowy, silencing, slowing snowy goodness onto the upper Midwest. Thank you, mother nature, for the reminder to let things happen as they will.



I soon made the hop to my homeland and was greeted by the most comforting and grounding of sights, my parents. This trip was special, because I we had time to settle into one another's company. We got to go for walks, sip coffee at The Abbey, cut down a Christmas tree, bake tons of cookies, be tourists in St. Louis, and just BE. I also got time enough quality time with special friends and family to reminisce about the past and to build on the present. Moments were so nourishing. I feel so blessed.







No comments:

Post a Comment