Thursday, June 2, 2011

Love and War

Care for a cold one?


I love that the sun is warming the soil enough to get our garden growing....

...but I am declaring war on the invasive slugs that are munching the life out of many of our starts. After an bright and peaceful run the other morning, I found myself moving chaotically and hopelessly about the garden picking tiny slugs from our veggie seedlings. It nearly drove me bonkers--before 7am. That evening, I complained to my dad about our disappearing bean and squash leaves and he suggested offering them a cold one...in a lid. I'm sorry to say that I've been taking pleasure in watching the slimy guys take their final plunge into intoxicating pools of pale ale ever since. Thanks, dad!

POTATOES!


HERBS!


14-carrot potential...

No comments:

Post a Comment