Friday, May 11, 2012

Egg-stravagant!



I love eggs. They are quick, nutritious, savory, filling and bright! Justin is always amused that I make a meal complete by topping it with an egg. While we don't plan to have our own chickens until next year, we have access to lots of great local eggs. In fact, last weekend, a friend even gave us some of her giant fresh duck eggs. Holy rich! They're great for baking, but I  can't quite eat one on its own.

On the other hand, I could eat chicken eggs all day. One of my favorite ways to eat eggs is a breakfast that my dad often prepared for me on Thursday mornings--the day he went into work a bit later. Simple and delish! Soft-boiled eggs mixed with torn up buttered toast. Season with salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Do it!

The perfect soft-boiled egg. Bring water to a boil. Add eggs, cover, and reduce to a simmer. Set timer for 5 minutes. At 5 minutes, rinse eggs under cool water. Crack, peel, and devour.


No comments:

Post a Comment