Friday, June 1, 2012

The Brothers Take Washington





A few weeks ago, my dad and his two brothers visited Justin and I in Washington. We felt so lucky to be included in their annual gathering this year. This trip was special for a few reasons:

I have never gotten the chance to spend so much quality time with just "the brothers". Usually, our company is mixed with cousins, aunts, and grandparents; which is always a good time because we have a such a great family. However, getting to spend this time with my dad and my uncles was rare and special. Having no siblings, its so fascinating to see three people with many shared values, shared mannerisms, and a shared knowledge of things like tiger's milk; yet, they are each so unique. Again, I feel so lucky for this family.

Justin and I finally got to share our new home and the place that we've chosen to set some roots with our family.

We had a great time. We ate; we drank; we hiked; we kayaked; we got rained on; we saw big trees; we laughed; we explore. It was fun to be tourists together.












 

1 comment:

  1. really wonderful trees and landscape...!
    Congratulations...
    Regards from Spain
    White.

    ReplyDelete