Friday, January 29, 2010

woodin'

A few weeks ago, Justin and I discovered that downtown Port Angeles (consisting of about 2 blocks) has more antique stores than you can shake a stick at. It sort reminds me of that stand-up routine about some guy coming out of a Starbucks to find another Starbucks directly across the street from him. I know this is a different situation; each antique store had a distinct feel and focus based on its owner's fancies. One had lots of beautiful old cigar boxes, one had marbles, one had Nazi military paraphernalia, and each had a sweet person behind all the "junk".

We were on search for a table for our new computer set-up. The rainy day adventure was fun, but we came home empty handed. I'm quite glad we did.

My awesome husband built a table using some gorgeous forest-scented logs that have been hanging in our yard for some months--mostly cedar, I think. Not only did he design and construct the table with limited sketching and planning, he did all of the woodwork WITH A CHAINSAW. Sure, the neighbors may not have been too delighted with his tool of choice, but I am really amazed at that evenness and accuracy that he achieved. Take a look.










1 comment: