Friday, February 26, 2010

Strange Days

Justin and I had some sweet visitors last weekend.

Our friends, Alisa and Chris, came over from Seattle for an Olympic Peninsula excursion. They are such loving and creative people...always a delight!

Additionally, on a bike ride to Nash's on Saturday, Justin met a sweet traveler along the way. Adam is from Denmark and is en route to the South America...on his bike. He stayed with us for the night too. What an unexpected and inspiring gathering of humans.


In other news...

Very very good or horrid?

There was a little girl
who had a little curl
right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good,
she was very very good.
When she was bad,
she was horrid.

I remember this poem from my childhood. I think my parents mostly referenced it because I had (have) lots of little curls and was very very good (of course)! To this day, it pops into my head when I get reprimanded..not that it happens to me a lot as an adult. Do you know who can make me feel like that? Cops. Today, I got a ticket for going 35mph in what I soon found was a school zone.
I immediately felt like a naughty child.

While I waited in my car for officer-man to check my details, I thought: Well, I have an infraction-free record, this was an honest mistake, and I was pleasant to him. Perhaps, I'll just get a warning.

$200 later, I feel like more like a bummed out adult.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully you won't develop my sort of relationship with tickets - the kind where you get pulled over, and you're like, "Oh - here we go again..." :)

    ReplyDelete